WES is a exhibition and association management company. We are contracted by associations to provide secretariat support for
associations and full planning of internationally based events.
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email, title, phone number, profession.
What information does WES collect and why?
WES collects personal information necessary for the management of associations, conferences and events.
The most common types of information that we collect include: names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, profession,
qualifications, survey responses, dietary requirements, photos, credit card information, tax information, copies of Passport or ID, quotes, etc.
The information is used to process your registration, take payment, manage your flights and/or accommodation, manage flight bookings,
organize meals with the appropriate supplies of food for various dietary requirements, communicate with you about other ancillary events,
gain feedback, provide reports to the conference host and to inform you of future conferences.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
● To meet WES’ contractual obligations:
a. To facilitate and process transactions that take place on our websites, such as when you register for a conference;
b. To process your membership and give you access to your membership entitlements.
● To meet the legitimate interests of you and our third parties:
a. To invite you to a conference hosted by an association which you have expressed interest in;
b. To ensure you are not omitted from receiving information about specialist events.
● When you give us consent:
a. Publishing your name in the delegate list on the website and in the program book;
b. Sharing your personal information with exhibitor and sponsors of the conference.
● For the purpose which may be required by law.
● For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an
How does WES collect personal information?
WES collects personal information directly when you provide it to us.
WES collects personal information when you provide it to us when you register for an event, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, visit our
websites, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
What information is collected from third parties?
Conference host organizations may share membership lists and previous congress delegate lists with WES to allow WES to inform you of
the upcoming conferences.
Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
We may disclose personal data to the following parties:
● Contractors - who support WES in our provision of services;
● Payment processors - to allow payment to be made;
● Hotels and Travel agencies - to book your accommodation and/or flights;
● Abstract handling specialists – to manage the abstract submission and review process;
● Marketing software – to provide you with information about the conference and association;
● Exhibitors and sponsors – to whom you specifically consent to share your data with.
We do not share your information between clients. For example, if you sign up for a conference hosted by one association, we would not
share your information with other clients organizing other conferences, even if the subject matter was similar.
3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, Greater London, W1B 3HH, UNITED KINGDOM
Where do we transfer and store your personal information?
WFXE has offices in Hong Kong, Thailand and Georgia and so your data will be processed in these countries.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and sometimes hard copy files that are
kept in a secure location in Hong Kong, Thailand and Georgia. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by access controls,
such as username and passwords, access granted to only those with a need to know and encryption where possible.
What are your Marketing options?
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists, registered for one of our conferences, or have
indicated that you are interested in receiving information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about events that you
have previously expressed an interest in. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by
using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies,
to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in
What are Cookies?
For more information about cookies, see worldexposolutions.com
As you browse our website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our
display advertising partner then enables us to present you with advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with
worldexposolutions.com, The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address,
postal address, or telephone number, nor do we share this information directly with them. You can visit this page to opt out of future
If you’re logged into your account, some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds
● your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
● the domain name you requested;
● the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
● the date and time of your visit to the website;
● the length of your session;
● the pages which you have accessed;
● the number of times you access our site within any month;
● the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
● the website which referred you to our Sites; and
● the operating system which your computer uses.
Occasionally, we will use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our websites. For example, if you visit our
websites, you may later see an ad for our events when you visit a different Site.
What if you have previously shared information with others?
If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or
manage that data. There are lots of ways that you can find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public
message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user (such as a third party Author) whether via
our Sites or directly via email. Before making your information publicly available or giving your information to anyone else, think carefully. If
giving information to another user via our Sites, ask them how they will handle your information. If you’re sharing information via another
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to WES processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can
withdraw consent at any time by selecting “unsubscribe” to any emails that you receive from us, or by emailing
How long does WES keep your data?
WES will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you, and to comply with our legal obligations.
3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, Greater London, W1B 3HH, UNITED KINGDOM
We retain your information generally until the next cycle of conference, so that we are able to inform you of its occurrence. If you no longer
want to hear from us you can use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of any marketing email. You may also request a listing of
personal data held or for that data to be edited, or erased by emailing WFXE privacy officer at the contact details below.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst WES is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
● Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
● Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
● Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
● Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
● Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
● Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
● Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of
automated processing or profiling.
If WFXE refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally
WES at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
WES will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driver’s
license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and
a supporting document is required. If WES is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by WES or its partners, you have the right to complain to
WES privacy officer at